|A beautiful fall vase!|
I was in St. Louis last week, visiting the Carondolet Branch Library for their Author Breakfast event. On the tables were lovely vases, created by Sarah Zolezzi. As a gift for us authors, we were allowed to take one home. But I walked off and forgot mine! ARGH! At least I took this photo.
Sarah asked library volunteers to bring in their old vases. Here’s what I imagine she did next:
* Wash, clean, and dry the vases thoroughly.
* Rip the pages from old, unloved books.
* Cut the pages into strips of various sizes. (You could also tear them.)
* Dip the pages in a bath of tea or coffee. (Just pour old, leftover tea or coffee into a shallow container and dip the pages in.)
* Allow the pages to dry. (This gives them a uniform “old” coloration.)
* Use Mod Podge to adhere them to the vase.
Isn’t this clever? I love it!
that is so cool. Sort of like paper mache.
Joanna Campbell Slan says
Yes, it is, but the vase obviously can hold water. So it's sturdier. Isn't it neat? Can't you imagine these on the tables at Malice?