Note from Joanna: Once or twice a month, I want to introduce you to my author friends. I hope you enjoy learning about them. I also learn something, even when I’ve known them a long, long time!
Comment on Larissa’s visit and you could win a digital copy of 15 MINUTES. I’ll chose a winner next Friday, Oct. 20, 2017.
Name: Larissa Reinhart
Facebook info: Official Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/RisWrites
Friend Me Here: https://www.facebook.com/larissareinhartwriter
Name of Your Series: Maizie Albright Star Detective (My other series is the Cherry Tucker Mysteries)
One Line That Describes Your Series: A former star of a hit teen detective show, Maizie Albright, returns to Georgia (by judge’s orders) to pursue her dream of becoming a private detective and finds Hollywood has followed her to Georgia.
Name of Most Recent Book: 15 MINUTES (but 16 MILLIMETERS launches 10/17 which is why 15 MINUTES is on sale!)
Buy links: Kindle | Nook | Kobo | iBooks
- What Gave You the Idea For This Series? I live in Peachtree City, Georgia. Four miles from my house is Senoia, where The Walking Dead film. Six miles in the other direction is Pinewood Studios where major movies (like the Marvel series) are now made. This area is quaint, so movies like Fried Green Tomatoes have been filmed here, but the TV and movie industry has grown like gangbusters in the last five years. It’s all pretty weird for we locals. My friend saw Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones in a restaurant the other night. The most famous person we might’ve hoped to see when I moved here 18 years ago was Alan Jackson, because he’s from nearby Newnan. But I’ve never seen him. I haven’t seen anybody famous!
- Which character is most like you? I’d like to say Maizie Albright because she’s optimistic, earnest, and beautiful. She’s also young (26) and I’m not and I have teenagers… So I’m more like Lamar who owns the donut shop below Nash Security Solutions. He’s tired and likes to sit with his feet up on a La-Z-Boy while he listens to Nash and Maizie talk about their case. But Lamar is much wiser than me. And he doesn’t eat donuts, whereas I’d have a hard time controlling myself. But I guess when you own a donut shop, you’d get tired of donuts.
- What’s the hardest part of writing? I have the attention of a Jack Russell Terrier (probably why they’re in the books). Getting myself to sit and focus is difficult. Once I do, I’m okay but I tend to bounce around (not literally) before I can get settled back into the story.
- What inspires you to keep writing? My readers who ask for more stories. How can I refuse? Also I have constant story ideas popping in my head (part of my Jack Russell qualities). I’ve got to get them down. I’m not sure why but I just have to do it.
- What would you say to other would-be writers who have yet to get published? Keep writing and submitting!
Thank you so much for introducing me to your readers, Joanna! It’s such a treat for me, since I’m a fan of yours!
P. S. Joanna’s note: Okay, maybe I shouldn’t have shared this…but it made my day! Don’t forget to comment!
Maizie sounds like a fun gal to read about.
Amy Gill says
I would love to own this book. Sounds like fun.
Dianne Clendenin says
I definitely will have to read this book. My friend lives in Peachtree City, Ga. and I have visited many times and love it there. Maizie sounds like a fun character.
Paula Adams says
This book is on my TBR list. Thank you for the chance.
Joanna Campbell Slan says
Welcome to all who commented!
Larrisa reminds me of myself a little. The older I get the harder it is to stay focused. Would love to win and read her book.
Larissa Reinhart says
Just saying hello and thanks to all who are entering! So nice to meet you!!
Deborah Dumm says
Larissa is a new author to me. I can’t wait to read her books!
Linda Moffitt says
Looks great Thanks for sharing it with us I added it to my wish list also
Joanna Campbell Slan says
The Random Number Generator chose #1 so Gram, you are our winner! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can get a copy of Larissa’s book out to you.
Ukrainian prostitutes have created on the Internet a milieu with a map, from which one can find to where surely the priestesses of adulation work, writes Segodnya. The mental image of ??such a pilot Ukrainian “unendingly butterflies” borrowed from colleagues from Moscow. On the Russian map, there are not sufficiently places representing untrained flag-signers. But judging sooner than the capital map, the most prostitutes (hither 20) are game to take under one’s wing their services in homes in the vicinity the Maidan, divers on Lesia Ukrainka Boulevard, the log a few zees z’s – in the residential areas of Kyiv (Svyatoshinsky and Obolonskyy). Here is a situate with a map. Prices in return prostitutes also depend on their location. So, priestesses of lover in the center of the chief decide 400 hryvnia per hour, and from Svyatoshinskikh already twice as much – 800 hryvnia.